- 4 ostrich fillets, 200 g each
- 15 gr black pepercorns
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 springs of Thyme, leaves picked
- 200 grams wild mushrooms, sliced
- 150 grams parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 dash of salt and black ground pepper, to taste
1 Place peppercorns and zest into a pestle and mortar and grind to a powder.
2 Add olive oil and rub marinade onto ostrich filets.
3 Heat a grill pan on medium heat and grill ostrich fillets for 5 10 minutes on each side depending on how well done you want them.
4 Remove from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
5 Heat a frying pan over high heat until hot.
6 Fry mushrooms in garlic and quickly sauté for about 34 minutes until golden.
7 Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the mushrooms and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove from heat and add chopped parsley.
8 Serve fillet with a generous topping of sautéed mushrooms and garnish with watercress.