Ostrich Goulash Recipe
Postat: 20 mai 2016
- 500 g Ostrich goulash chunks
- 700 g selection of vegetables
- 1 punnet of mushrooms
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed or chopped
- Dried herbs, to taste (basil, thyme, Italian – whatever is your favourite)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 25 g beef liquid stock concentrate
- 1 cup of water
- Olive oil, for cooking
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the Olive oil in a large pot, add the onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ostrich, herbs and smoked paprika, stir until well mixed, and then leave to cook until the meat is lightly browned.
- Add the tins of chopped tomato, beef stock and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well mixed and add the veg (if using asparagus, mange tout or any other ‘tender’ vegetable – leave them out till the last 10 mins) and water.
- Cover and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and any other ‘tender’ vegetable. Cook, uncovered, for another 10 minutes or until the veg is cooked through.
- Season with the salt and pepper, and serve in nice deep bowls
- It can be served with rice, cous cous or noodles.