Make this healthy ostrich stroganoff for a weekday meal and serve with steamed brown rice.
- Recipe serves: 4-6
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 30 ml oil
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 450 g Ostrich steaks, cut into strips
- 1 Red pepper, cut into strips
- 150 g button mushrooms
- 500 ml low fat milk
- 5 ml Chopped fresh sage
- 10 ml Chopped Italian flatleaf parsley
- 250 g Brown rice
- In a frying pan, brown onion in 30 ml oil.
- Add ostrich strips, red pepper and mushrooms and brown for 5 min.
- Add 500 ml cold milk to the pan, stir in contents of Knorr Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Simmer uncovered for 25 min, stirring occasionally.
- When done, add herbs and mix through.
- Serve hot with brown rice.